Cubs girl always classy never trashy and a little bit sassy vintage shirt


Now, the general American English idiomatic use of the phrase "I love you" does not usually carry this same connotation of love. Rather, it usually means "I feel something for you. I like being around you. I have a very strong attachment to you." It is generally a term of affection, and it is quite doubtful that a stranger feels any particular level of affection for you. Likewise, it is questionable whether the Christian concept of neighbor-love can really be demonstrated through stating one's love for another directly and verbally. It would seem that in most cases, such neighbor-love is demonstrated through lived practice. If you have surgery and I mow your lawn or bring you a casserole, I am demonstrating an active concern for your well-being. 
 




If you are grieving and I provide a listening hear or am present by your side to weep with you, I am demonstrating concern for your well-being. If I take the time to offer you advice on how to inexpensively fix a car problem when I would rather be reading, I am demonstrating concern.If I were your friend saying that I love you, it might actually be an expression of genuine concern for your well-being.  It seems to me, though, that if I, as a stranger on the internet, tell you that I love you, it will primarily be an empty and insincere gesture.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Hand to hand love is love LGBT shirt

Marvel Avengers Boxer Boxervengers shirt

Irish St. Patrick’s day Nemo shirt